School Groups - Details
Overview | Details | Discussion Ideas
All the world was watching. Events in central Arkansas commanded worldwide attention... in politics, in civil rights, and even in Hollywood. Little Rock Tours is new, exciting, unique, and — most importantly — an educational experience your class will never forget. The tour will have your students talking for years to come! Little Rock Tours will assist public, private, and home schools in providing the type of Arkansas history experiences mandated by Arkansas law, Act 787 of 1997. It will also offer your journalism class an up-close look at how television news captured it all... from dramatic images of conflict to the shifting of power in the free world.
Grades 4-6: 1/1/5; 2.1.6; 3.1.4; 3.1.5; 3.1.6; 3.1.7; 4.1.8; 5.1.9; 5.1.10; 6.1.5; 6.1.6
Grades 7-12: 1.1.10; 1.1.11; 1.1.16; 2.1.11; 2.1.12; 3.1.8; 3.1.11; 3.1.14; 5.1.11; 5.1.12; 5.1.13; 5.1.15; 5.1.16; 5.1.17; 5.1.18; 6.1.7; 6.1.10; 6.1.12; 6.1.14
Why visit just one historical site... when you can see them all? Understand why media worldwide focused on the city of Little Rock. The sites you will see played a crucial part in American history, world politics, and civil rights. This tour will help you give your students a comprehensive understanding of Arkansas history with historical video to complement it all.
- Keep your students seated and together on this field trip!
- Experience the only tour of its kind in the country!
- Learn how Arkansas made history across the nation and the world!
- Watch a live television broadcast!
- Teach lessons that comply with Act 787 of 1997.
- Generate thought-provoking discussions in history or journalism classes with follow-up material provided.
The tour takes you to many of the major historical sites in central Arkansas: Central High School, "The Little Rock," Quapaw Quarter, the Governor's Mansion, The Old State House, The Capitol, The Old Mill, and many other historical places! Trained tour guides will offer fun facts and historical knowledge while playing video footage and actual news clips that put each landmark into perspective.
* tour #2 only
- Make the tourbus your only destination for the day, or plan it to complement your field trip to another Little Rock location like the Museum of Discovery or the State Capitol.
- Meet us downtown in the Rivermarket district where the tour will begin, or we'll pick up your class at any downtown Little Rock site.
- Hurry and call now to reserve your spot. Tours are scheduled on a first-come first-served basis!
- Educational Historical Tour - Includes Little Rock and North Little Rock historic sites, tour guide, historic video, and news clips. $15.00 per student with a minimum of 25 students. Teachers ride FREE. **
- Morning Tours may also watch a portion of a LIVE broadcast of KATV's Good Morning Arkansas! Students may be interviewed on LIVE television!
** one teacher/chaperone admitted free for every 10 students
Put your history grants to use!
Click here to make a reservation.